Now here’s a theme we have very well-covered, with lots of options to enhance your summer reading program! Our science educators have developed a special summer science demonstration to fit perfectly with the summer reading program theme “Science of Fairytales.” We book fast for summer programs, so make your reservations today! (Please note mileage and, if needed, overnight accommodations are added to program cost.)
Science of Fairytales Summer Library Reading Program
Storytelling is a big part of childhood. It teaches values, patience, problem solving skills, and of course courage, virtue, and kindness. It is also a great way to combine learning math, science, and literature. This summer library reading program will read and explore an alternative ending for “The Gingerbread Man” with a hands on lab or dig into bubblology with “Bubble Bubble” while focusing on learning design concept, engineering, and science. It is time to bring the stories to life and put the imagination in motion. The Gingerbread Man Program is limited to 30 per session due to hands on activity. The Bubble Bubble Demonstration can be done for unlimited numbers.
Edgerton Summer programming can be customized to each library and their specific needs. Programming can include one or several demonstrations, our traveling Explorit Zone or even an entire Science Discovery Day. The traveling Explorit Zone includes 35 hands on science activity stations with which children of all ages can play and interact. Programming also includes an option for a science discovery day during which you can have up to six demonstrations of your choice plus the traveling Explorit Zone.
Cost for Library Program:
- First demonstration or lab: $350
- Each additional demonstration or lab: $125
- Four demonstration or labs: $600 ($125 discount)
Traveling Explorit Zone or Family Night Program: $800
- Includes one 30 minute demonstration
- Gym set up with traveling Explorit Zone for up to 2 hours
- No labs available for this program
Science Discovery Day: $1,750
- Full day of science activities for an entire school
- Choose from any combination of six demonstrations
- and/or labs for the event
- Traveling Explorit Zone setup for entire program
Portable Planetarium: $350 (half-day) or $600 (full day)
- Half day consists of up to four half-hour shows done
- every 45 minutes, full day is up to eight shows
- Requires open space at least 20 feet per side with
- 10-foot or taller ceilings
- Ask about live nighttime stargazing with telescopes
*Round trip mileage will be in addition to EOTM programming fees.
**Educators leave Aurora no earlier than 6 am and return no later than 11 pm. Depending on your requests, lodging may be necessary. This cost is additional, and is not included in the EOTM price.