It is vital to our community, state and country to engage and excite our youth about science. In a fast-changing world facing important issues, we need to inspire science, technology, math and engineering (STEM) minded children to become future problem-solvers, business leaders, doctors, nurses, programmers and scientists.
The Edgerton Explorit Center is committed to providing unmatched science education for students and residents not just here in Aurora but throughout Nebraska. With a mission to inspire the next generation of scientists, we reach out to people of all ages and create an environment where natural curiosity is transformed into a passion for learning. Our programming is based on the philosophy of our Center’s namesake, “Doc” Edgerton. A quote of Doc’s sums up how students learn at the Center which is “Teach people in a way that they don’t realize they are learning until it is too late.” The Center has geared all of its teaching and exploration activities towards getting students excited about science and learning with an end result of having more students consider careers in science. This all happens while the students don’t even realize they are learning because they are having fun.
Since 1995, the Edgerton Explorit Center has been a well-established community icon, serving many families across multiple generations. Each year, the Edgerton Explorit Center partners with local and national corporations to provide one of a kind exhibits, programs and community events.
A partnership with the Edgerton Explorit Center makes great business sense and includes:
- The opportunity to help cultivate the creative, science minded employees you will rely on in the future.
- Your company featured as a sponsor in our print, web based and social media.
- Multiple opportunities to promote your business and to market to children and adults of all ages
- The Edgerton Explorit Center annually serves over 200,000 individuals, students and teachers from all 93 counties.
- Our website reaches over 60,000 people each month and more than 800,000 each year.