Summer Camps are Available for Pre K – 8th Grade
2020 Summer Camp Program sponsored by the Aurora Cooperative, Hamilton Telecommunications and Pinnacle Bank
Summer Camp Important Information
As part of our phased reopening strategy, the Edgerton Explorit Center will begin offering a limited number of our Full STEAM Ahead Summer Camps starting June 15th. In order to keep children, our community and staff as safe as possible, we are asking the following of our students and parents:
- Camp classes have a limited student-to-teacher ratio following the Department of Health and Human Services guidelines for childcare.
- Students may not be dropped off more than 15 minutes prior to class and must be picked up no more than 15 minutes after the end of class each day. Parents are asked to drop their children off and then leave the grounds until it’s time to pick them up.
- We ask that families keep a camper home if he or she does not feel well or has a fever. We insist on our staff following the same rule. When in doubt, please leave them home. Anyone with a fever will be asked to go home until they have been fever-free for 24 hours. There will be a designated space in the museum that will keep ill campers separated from other children until their parents or guardians can pick them up.
- Students will be asked by the teacher to stay six feet away from other students and staff.
- Students will be required to bring a facemask from home and wear it as a condition of participation.
- Handwashing will be mandatory at a number of stations provided by the museum.
- We are adding to the museum’s already-stringent cleaning schedule, disinfecting the exhibits, camp classrooms, and supplies between camp sessions daily. Camp teachers and museum staff in the building will wear face masks
If you have signed up for a class that has been cancelled due to these new standards or if you are uncomfortable with your child attending a class that is still on the schedule, we will provide a full refund. The Edgerton Center will also be extending membership expiration dates to ensure you will not miss out on any of your full 12 month membership benefits. This applies to memberships active during or purchased during the centers closure.
Please note, any classes listed are still subject to cancellation due to a change in safety standards or if the number of registrants falls below our minimum for that class.
If you have questions about our summer camp program, registration or refunds, our safety measures or our policies please contact Mary Molliconi, executive director at 402-694-4032 or email@example.com.
Scholarships Available: Thanks to our corporate sponsors, scholarships are available based on financial need. If your student qualifies for the Free and Reduced Lunch Program at their school, they may be eligible to attend a summer camp free of charge due to support from our corporate sponsors. Fill out the scholarship application or call Mary Molliconi at 402-694-4032 if you have any questions or need additional information.
Choose your child’s grade below to see which camps are available for their age group or choose “all” to see every camp we offer this summer. Click here to see the PDF brochure with every camp listed. (new camp dates are not reflected on the brochure yet, please see camp details on the website for any new dates)